Sunday, August 2, 2009

Stressed!!

I am SO stressed out. I have to go back to work tomorrow. I don't want to, its not the whole work thing, its that I don't want to leave Baby boy. I have been the one with him the majority of the time for the last 3 months and this is going to be hard. Alot harder than I thought it would be!!! Tomorrow is not going to be fun and I don't know how I am going to get through it.... I have cried twice yesterday, most of today I can only imagine what it will be like when I have to drop him off in the morning. The only good thing is that my family is watching him. My sister-in-law will have him on Mondays and my mother-in-law will have him the rest of the week. I am really glad that he doesn't have to go to daycare that would stress me out even more!

So for those of you who work....how did you deal with going back to work and how did you make the transistion easier for you and baby?

Also for those of you who have babies who are swaddlers....what did you use to swaddle them, when were they to big to be swaddled and how did you transistion them out of swaddling to sleeping/napping unswaddled???

Baby boy is a swaddler and I have found him once totally unswaddled in the morning. I think he is getting too long for the miracle blanket (one of them shrunk for some reason, the other one doesn't seem so small....hmmm???) and then several occassions I have found him still swaddled just all over his crib totally out of his sleep nest....so I was wondering if we should quit swaddling him or just keep and eye on him and take everything out of his crib.....suggestions...

3 comments:

Doripink said...

DJ was a swaddler...but at about 3-4 months he started getting "out". He was famous for the Hand-Poke (just the hand sticking out) and it would wake him up. Problem was he won't sleep un-swaddled. So one night I stuck socks on his hands...Crazy I know, but I thought his hands were the only thing "out" the rest was in his pajamas. Believe it or not, it works like a charm. I put on his PJ's, stuck his hands in a pair of socks and off to sleep he went. He's 11 months now and LOVE to sleep with 2-3 blankets in he crib...he loves to have them on his head, etc...so he still loves to be "covered". Hope this helped!

Dori

Melba said...

Oh yikes...good luck going back to work! I'm already dreading fall when I go back to school full time, and that's not even five days a week. I can totally relate to your thought that this is much harder than you ever thought it would be.

As for swaddling, all we have used regularly so far is the miracle blanket. I know they do make "sleep sacks" in small and large sizes, and from what I understand, when done properly, it is acceptable to swaddle a baby for up to nine months IF your baby needs that. I don't have any tips on transitioning. I know that with my niece, she just started not needing it as much. First they stopped swaddling, then started turning down the white noise, etc. until she was able to sleep on her own. I think a lot depends on your baby, and in all honesty I don't think any of it is easy!!

Good luck, and hang in there with working, I will be thinking of you!!

Melba

Bri said...

I hope work is going well for you and leaving N isn't as hard as you thought it would be.

It wasn't as earth shattering as I imagined it to be... but it is hard. I have found that the time I spend with R is so much better becuase I focus more on her rather than the million things i have to do...

We used a sleep sack to transition R. A month and a half later, she still doesn't sleep as well as she did swaddled so I don't know if my advice is to keep him swaddled as long as possible or to wean him asap... but one of those!! :)