Well its been almost two weeks since I have been back to work and I just want to know when is it going to get any easier. I keep telling myself its going to, it has to because I have to work to pay off the thousands of dollars in student loans I have but my heart is so heavy because I leave it every day with my son. I know moms do it every day and I really thought this would be much easier but its not. I sit at work racking my brain to figure out a way to work from home and then come home and do the same thing but in the long run I know I am just going to have to tough this one out unfortunately.
I have had several meltdowns at work and amazingly only one of them was the first week I went back. I have had 2 this week alone and its only Wednesday - trust me a grown woman crying at work is not a pretty site but just the littlest things set me off these days. I am trying to get better knowing this is just something I have to do but I am not going to lie its hard leaving him every morning. I envy those moms who get to stay home with their children.
On a brighter note he started eating rice from a spoon tonight and he was so cute and funny. That is the good thing he ALWAYS puts a smile on my face when I get home and I can't wait to get home to him. But he only gets about 1 tbsp of rice in the evening for now, probably until next week then he will get the same amount in the morning and the evening. He only made a nasty face at me once and spit some out after that he ate it right up but I had to give him all of his bottle first because he was starving and he didn't want anything to do with trying out something new. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow evening!!!
I am in much need of some sleep since he decided to get up from 2-3:30 this morning! Oh and he LOVES his jumparoo!!!!!







5 comments:
Beautiful pictures of your little one! I read this post a few days ago, and one thing after another...here we are at Friday.
I just want to say I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I can imagine how hard it must be to be back at work when your heart is really at home.
I start back to school for 21/2 days a week in September, and I know I'm feeling very torn. I can imagine how much harder it would be to be away full time.
My sister struggles with this too, she's a teacher with two young girls, so she does get summers off with them. But then the school years are really hard for her. I know it does help her to think of her job as one way she takes care of her children...as a gift she gives them, so to speak. It's just hard, and I think working women are challenged in unique ways these days. The workforce is so unsupportive of the tremendous balancing act you must do every single day, and that adds to the strain.
I wish I could find something to say that could make you feel better, but I really have nothing...hang in there!!
Melba
Your blog is extraordinary! Your son is just precious. I don't mean to barge. I was checking on my friend's blog (on wings of hope)and saw your link. We were blessed with our darling daughter through the miracle of adoption too and I love seeing other's blogs and pics of their little ones:). I hope it is okay. Ours is http://dreamsdocometrue-flrsp.blogspot.com/ if you ever want to take a peek:)...Lori...
hi :)
i'm so sorry that returning back to work has been such a difficult experience. i can't even imagine having to leave milo, so i can only imagine the feelings that are running through you right now. since it's something you need to do, i hope that it begins to get easier and easier.
those pictures are adorable! :) my little one won't touch anything solid and he's 6.5 months old! the looks he gives me when trying to feed him pears, rice, bananas,etc.......he hates it! :( sounds like you're off to a great start! :)
Thank you for following me! Your son is so cute!!! Can't wait to have a baby someday on my blog too!
Just wanted to say hi and your son is such a doll!!! I don't have any advice for you on the work situation but hang in there. :)
Post a Comment