Well, I am a bad, bad blogger!!! Following up from the last post I got really sick around Christmas and had the stomach flu for 2 weeks!!! I thought I was dying. I lived off toast, applesauce and G2 (its like Gatorade, but has electrolytes so you don't get dehydrated). I think I finally started feeling better about New Year's. So now I am just getting back into the swing of things again and getting my energy back!
Christmas was great (excepting being sick). I love to watch my 3 nieces open their gifts. I can't wait for us to have a child of our own to have presents to open one day, I just love to watch the expressions on their faces!
New Year's we usually spend at my brother's and this year they got a WII so we played that and boy talk about me being out of shape - but it was fun. What was embarassing was all the kids are better than the adults -haha!
I did call our caseworker about possibly putting our profile on their website so that it could be shown to out-of-state expecting parents. She suggested that we just hang where we are now that they are busy this month and will be next month as well. We don't have very many adoptive families waiting, only 10 and that includes us, and I think there are a few going through the homestudy process right now. We have only been waiting 7 months, as of January, which really is not that long and they tell you normal placement is between 9 and 12 months. So for now I am trying to stay positive and stay busy. If I stay busy then I don't think about it AS much and it doesn't get me down.
I believe that is all for now..I am off to exercise, I have started doing Jill.ian (from The.Biggest.Loser) exercise tape 30.Day.Shred. So far I like it, but I am SO out of shape. I am only on level 1 and I am focusing on getting it down and feeling good about that level before moving on, I am not focusing on getting to level 3 by the end of the 30 days....
Have a great evening!
Happy 6th Birthday Jovie!
6 years ago







2 comments:
Hi...thanks for your comment on my "list" post! I really hadn't thought about the furniture taking a while to come in, that's good to know! I'm glad to have found another blog to follow...the more the merrier in my opinion.
We have been waiting for just over six months now, so I can relate to all of what you said in this post. I wish you all the best and I hope your baby comes soon!!
Melba
Thanks for your awesome note, I don't know what I'd do w/o my "blog buddies."
Post a Comment