Saturday, January 31, 2009

So Cold....

Well its finally a little warmer today. We got 11 inches of snow on Wednesday!!! It was crazy, but we had a snow day and were off work so that was exciting, we NEVER get those!!! But the down side was me and my husband ended up clean about 3 driveways which was alot of work and I am still sore from it. We have a snowblower, but we had to hand shovel the ends where it was so heavy from the plows coming through. Just glad its warming up some and its slowly and I mean slowly melting. Where o where is Spring......

Here are some cute pictures of Reese in the snow....now she loves the snow and she wanted to play in the deep parts - I had to keep her out of them!
One of the links I have on my blog is to Bloggy Giveaways. Well this week they were having their winter carnival where tons of other bloggers signed up to give away stuff, there were like 1300 blogs you could visit and sign up to win whatever they were giving away. This carnival was awesome. I got to find a ton of great blogs to start following, they have some great advice on everyday stuff, baby stuff (which I will eventually need to know) and just all kinds of info and I also got to try to win some great giveaways. Some of them don't end for a few days so well see maybe I will still win something... if not I still had a ton of fun!
Well, my birthday is coming up next Sunday (the 8th) and I just don't know how I feel about it. Normally I love birthdays because I love to have parties, but I have to be honest turning 36 is just not sounding like much fun this year. I think its all this baby stuff, I just feel old! I look at my brother and they have 3 kids, he is 2 years younger than me, the oldest will be 12 this year and then I just get down about us not having a baby yet. I know, I know its all in his time....but darn it I am ready!!! Everyone tells me we are the perfect age....and I know we are not "that old" but, well I just don't know.....
Well, onto brighter things, my mom and I are going to the home show tomorrow. I love these shows! Even though I can never afford anything at them I love to go and get ideas and dream!
Well I am off to make cookies for church. Hope everyone has a great evening!

1 comment:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

As a matter of fact, you DID win something! Congratulations - you're the happy new owner of a Lullaby Slings ring sling! I hope that your newest addition comes along soon so that you can use it! :) I sent you an email, so if you can just respond with your snail mail address I'll get it out to you right away.