Just got back from church tonight and thought I would tell you guys about it. We usually have dinner (which we still did tonight) and then we go to our classes, well tonight we had a guest speaker, David Beamer. He is the father of Todd Beamer who was killed on Flight 93 on September 11, 2001.
It was an amazing speech to listen to. I think most of us went there thinking we were going to hear about what happened that day and about how heroic his son and the other passengers were that day in diverting that plane from hitting our nations Capital. What we received instead was a truly inspiring story of a family who is able to tell the story of what their son was able to do because of his belief in Christ and because he had the strength of Christ with him that day. He also made us realize that what matters is the day before. We can all remember where we were and what we were doing on 9/11, but what did your day before look like? Me, I can't honestly tell you.
I also took away from his story that we all have some tragic story in our lives to tell and its not the story that matters, what matters is if Christ is in that story.
I will tell you I am not this super religious person who goes around preaching to everyone, but Mr. Beamer's speach really hit home to me. I know that I struggle everyday not having a child/children in our lives, but I know that my faith in Christ is what gets me through to the next day. Do I get tired of hearing that its in his time or do I get frustrated - absolutely, but I know that with my faith in Christ and his strength I will get through this.
I know his speech tonight has given me alot to think about and with that I say goodnight.
Happy 6th Birthday Jovie!
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment