Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sick and Exhausted!

Well baby boy is really sick this time. What started off as an ear infection quickly turned into something very serious. He had some wheezing and coughing that really didn't set right with me when we went to the doctor on Friday, now to refresh this was not his peditrician he saw because she doesn't work on Fridays and that office didn't have anything available and wanted me to take him to immediate care to people I didn't even know!

So we started an antibotic on Friday because he had an ear infection well I knew something just really wasn't right with his breathing so I watched him all weekend and called his pediatrician first thing Monday morning and got him in. Well my little man has bronchiolotis (caused from RSV) and is now on neb treatments every 4 hrs for 72 hours and then every 6 hrs for about 10 - 12 days. This was after an extensive exam at the doctor, a neb treatment that he screamed through and a chest x-ray that was horrific to see because they put the little ones in some contraption to keep them still!! We were exhausted by the time we got home!

He has been a champ since coming home and doing his breathing treatments. We put on Cars and just turn it up really loud over the machine and he really only starts getting fussy towards the end! We go back Thursday for a check up. I thought he sounded a little better this morning, but then tonight I thought he sounded really bad again so I am not sure.....

I do know we are all exhausted and really need some good rest! I really hope he kicks this soon and starts feeling better - I hate seeing my baby so sick!!!

2 comments:

LL said...

Prayers for N! Poor little guy and poor Mama! Hope he starts feeling better soon!

Kellie said...

Poor baby! I hope he gets better soon.