Friday, March 12, 2010

I can eat...well sort of!

My trip to the oral surgeon Tuesday was some much needed relief...in some ways!!! They took the bands off and I am now able to open...but I can only open up to 7 mm...hey you have to start somewhere right!!! But boy you want to talk about stiff, sore and painful...whew! Its is just like having a cast taken off and it hurts like heck to move but we are making some progress and the best part is I get to EAT!!! I can only have soft foods but I am in heaven right now because I was so hungry!! I can pretty much eat whatever I can that I don't have to chew, I still have to rest until Tuesday of next week then I have to aggressively start my physical therapy to start getting my mouth to open up again. If I don't do a good enough job then they will have to really send me to a physical therapist and I don't think I want that because they will be really aggressive and it will really hurt so I have to do my best to get this baby to open up.

Now the nasty part of all this is when my mouth was wired shut I have all this black stuff from all the metal brackets all over my teeth and now I can't get it to come off. Part of its because I still can't get to the inside to brush really good and just can only use the prescription mouth wash but its really gross and I just want it all off!!! I go back next Friday and I am really hoping we can schedule to get these brackets out of my mouth. They have to put me to sleep to do that, no pain for me, I hate people messing with my teeth!!!

So we are on the road to recovery now comes the big question of did this work or not. I am really scared because I do have some pain in that area and I don't know if I am supposed to or not. I don't know if its just sore because of everything thats been done to it and it still just needs time to heal or if its pain still from the TMJ....guess I will find out more next Friday...keep your fingers crossed its not the TMJ!!!

1 comment:

LL said...

Prayers that the TMJ is gone, gone, GONE!!!!