Well, I had my surgery on Monday. It went good, but I am so swollen and sore. I have to eat through a syringe for about 5 weeks at least and then hopefully soft foods after that. My lips look like they have went through the meat grinder and are really sore but hopefully nothing a bunch of chapstix can't cure!! Talking is pretty hard and something I am trying to get used to, so for now I try not to do alot of it! The hardest part for me is that I am on a weight life restriction, nothing over 10 lbs, which means I can't lift my son!!! So I have to have alot more help than what we initially realized I would need, I am so thankful for family and friends! Now my son this hasn't seemed to phase and I am so glad, but he doesn't understand when I can't pick him up and he does get frustrated with that, other than that I just sit on the floor and play with him and I can do everything else I just have to have someone pick him up and put him where I need him to go!
Okay, off to try and get some more nutrition in me, that is hard to do too because I can eat just a little bit before I feel full, but I have to be careful not to get dehydrated! And onto more pain meds...ahhh! Tomorrow is a new day, hopefully some more of the swelling has gone down, seems to be each day so that is good, said that should peak in a few days and be gone so I sure hope so!
Happy 6th Birthday Jovie!
6 years ago







2 comments:
Glad that the surgery went well. And happy to hear that your family and friends are there for you and N! I am sure it is frustrating to both of you that you can't pick him up. At least that seems like your only limitation and I am sure he will adapt.
Prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!
sounds a bit miserable but i'm glad all went well. hope you start feeling better quickly and are able to lift your little one soon!! that part must be so hard! :( hang in there!!
Post a Comment