Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting by...

Wow....let me just tell you this is going to be the longest 5 weeks of my life. I knew it was not going to be easy having my jaw wired shut by I NEVER imagined it was going to be THIS hard. I am such a picky eater to begin with so with this there are about 3 foods that we can actually get liquified to go through the syringe that actually taste good enough that I will eat. Now I can still do shakes and carnation drinks and juices but I am not much of a "sugar" person to begin with and this is overload in its finest so I have to do this in moderation and its hard when I don't have much to choose from. And the weight loss, well I am trying to watch it, it has been about a week and a half since my surgery and I am already down about 7 lbs...not good for me so I try to make sure I am drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated, this is really hard!

Now the other hard parts of this are I still have some swelling and numbness, not much but just enough to bother me. Yesterday I felt pretty good but this morning I woke up swollen and feel awful, I will be heading home 1/2 day today from work to get some rest and apply some ice to the swelling again. Also the "good side" of my mouth which is the right side doesn't understand all this trauma and it tries to "jerk" open and it is the MOST painful feeling in the whole world, almost brings me to tears sometimes. They say this is a normal reaction to my mouth just wanting to open like normal. So its really hard to get it to just relax. And the metal brackets they used to wire this bad boy shut - oh my...they are SHARP! I have some wax on there but have to be careful not to put to much then I can't talk, not that I do that very well to begin with so I just try to make sure I have a full tube for chapstick with me at all times!!! I just say my prayers that the Lord is going to carry me through this because I know I need his strength to get through it.

I go back to the oral surgeon tomorrow for my post-op appointment, I am curious to see what he has to say. Please keep me in you prayers, I need all I can get to help me over the next several weeks!!!

On another note, baby boy turned 9 months old on 5th of this month...where has the time gone. He has been one busy busy boy. I will get a post on him up soon...maybe a picture or 2 as well, but I will take them down soon so you will have to pay attention to when I post about him!!

Okay, off to do some work before I head out for the day for some rest. Hope everyone is staying warm, we just got several inches of snow and are looking to get more this weekend!! Come one SPRING!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Not sure exactly where you are, and we have like 10" of snow on the ground where I am, but if you need anything, send me an email. I can hook you up with my phone # and I can help if you need!!!

Praying for you!