Well, I am new at the blogging world so bear with me.....a little about our story. We are waiting to welcome a beautiful baby into our hearts and our family through adoption. We became approved earlier this year.
We were matched several months ago and were very excited about being chosen to become parents to this little baby waiting to be born! However, as it go closer to her due date there were signs that there was a high likelihood that mom was going to parent. She was not getting the support she needed from her mom and family like she was in the beginning. She told us up to the end that she was planning on placing, but without that support I knew it wasn't possible. We had about a week to realize the she was going to parent before the baby was born, we were not offically told this by her, but it was a gut feeling, just one of those things you know. I will tell you it was the hardest week of our lives and it was not an easy phone call to take, even if you know the outcome before hand, you still hold onto some small hope that you just might be wrong. As hard as it was for us to know we were not going to be this little girls parents, I know she will be an awesome mom and I still think of them and I pray for her and her baby girl.
We are now back on the waiting list. Before being matched the wait didn't seem too bad, but since being put back on the list it seems like FOREVER.... I know this is all in God's timing and we have to be patient.....I am just trying to take it one day at a time.
So I am looking forward to tomorrow (Halloween), I get to go trick-o-treating with my 3 nieces! They are so much fun and it will be a blast - so much food and candy!! I will post pics of them in their costumes.....have a safe Halloween......
Until next time.....
Happy 6th Birthday Jovie!
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment