Well once again life has taken over and I have lots to update, but for once I am glad I am late on updating. I have alot weighing on my mind due to the recent negativing many have been receiving on their blogs in reference to anti-adoption and those people leaving very nasty comments. I have never searched out any of these blogs and I don't intend to start now.
What I need to worry about is my family and what I feel comfortable posting now that I know there are others out there violating mine and others rights to post our feelings, journeys and experinces, just as they are and not feel attacked or violated in any manner. As you can see I have deleted all pictures of baby boy and will not post any from here on out. I also don't feel comfortable going private as I know of one person whose private blog has been attacked, so as much as I want you to see him grow and learn new things it will have to be express solely through writing.
I have thought about switching to wordpress...anyone have any experience with it and if so can you give me some feedback on it?
Okay Baby boy's 7th and 8th month updates will be coming soon along with Christmas...I am so behind, but he is keeping me very busy these days!
Happy 6th Birthday Jovie!
6 years ago







3 comments:
I know you can make password protected(semi-private) posts on wordpress, have a private blog or a public blog on wordpress. The thing is if you have pw protected posts but still have the majority of your blog public, they can still find you and leave hateful comments. One of my blog friends did this last year and pretty much has given up blogging because they still harrass her.They even found out where she works and started harrassingh her there. The only way to truly escape the anti adoption posters is to have a private blog. They can't gain access to it at all. Private blogs allow a lot of freedom for the blogger to write, post pics etc. I feel more peace with my blog simply because I don't need to worry about "them".
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Looking forward to the updates!
I totally get it! I switched to wordpress and I think I like it. I haven't really been subjected to any abuse even on blogger, but wordpress gives me the ability to be public or private. I like being able to password protect posts for pictures or to talk about R's adoption story or to talk bad about my inlaws. :) So far it is just what I was looking for.
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time...I did for a while but it has calmed down a bit. I have also decided to go semi private-no names, no pictures, and I do not disclose where I reside. It is said that these people have nothing better to do than to attack our blogs. Adoption is beautiful...just delete their comments! I don't even read them. I can tell from the first couple words what kind of comment it is going to be and then I just delete it!
Post a Comment