Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Airplane Trip

So Baby boy is getting ready to go on his first airplane trip soon. I am not fond of plane trips to begin with, I am okay once we get in the air, but its the taking off and landing that making me nervous, and now I will have him on top of all that so mama is even more nervous this time around.

Any suggestions from those of you who have traveled with little ones before....I checked with the airline and they said I could have his bottle ready and it was okay to go through security (they won't make me dump it out since its for an infant) so he can drink it on take off and and landing to help pop his ears. The hotel has a crib for him, I am taking his car seat and stoller....what else besides the obvious......clothes, diapers, etc....

I am getting nauseous thinking about that plane ride....deep breaths.....

Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

LL said...

I take so many bottles of formula through security and have never had a problem. Take extra just in case there is a delay, plus extra diapers.

We take toys to help distract Shelby. We have a little Baby Einstein toy that lights up and plays music-great! I just keep the volume low so it doesn't irritate the other passenger.

You will do fine. Most passengers understand that babies will fuss during take off and landing.

MtnGirl said...

Take more than you think you might need - in case you get stuck sitting at the gate and can't get off. In other words prepare for the worst! I've traveled with a 4 month old in the past and he did just fine. I took everything and the kitchen sink! It'll be a fun adventure!

Anonymous said...

I agree to take more than an ample amount of formula! They let you take whatever you want through security for a baby. :) I was super worried about my 9 month old when we went out of a town a few weeks ago...he has super sensitive ears and constantly gets ear infections. I was really worried the take off/landing would bother him. It didn't seem to at all! I wish the same for you :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

No advice, but wanted to say good luck!! :)

Jamie said...

hope it goes well!! :) i can't really think of anything else you would need. :) hopefully he'll sleep!! :)

KLTTX said...

I traveled with my son at two weeks old (once ICPC cleared). It was a breeze. Just make sure you have enough diapers and bottles (I'd also bring some extra formula and buy a bottle of water once you clear security in case there are any delays). Also bring some of his favorite toys (quiet ones so as to not disturb the rest of the plane).